This article contains a setup file from Visiscorp on how to use their product, Desktop Plan, on a hard drive equipped Apple /// computer.
You may move DESKTOP PLAN (VISICORP) to the hard disk. This will allow you to
access it with greater ease than using the floppy diskettes.
1. Boot the CATALYST diskette.
2. From the main CATALYST menu, select the Systems Utilities Program.
3. Press "F" for File Handling Commands.
4. Press "M" for Make a New Subdirectory.
5. Enter ".PROFILE/CATALYST/PLAN".
6. Press RETURN to accept the default size of 25.
7. Press ESCAPE.
8. Put the DESKTOP PLAN PROGRAM diskette in the internal drive.
9. Press "C" for Copy Files.
10. Copy all the files from this diskette to ".PROFILE/CATALYST/PLAN".
11. After all the files have been copied from the PROGRAM diskette, put the
DESKTOP PLAN SYSTEM diskette in the internal drive.
12. Copy all the files from this diskette EXCEPT for the following:
SOS.KERNEL SOS.DRIVER SOS.INTERP to ".PROFILE/CATALYST/PLAN".
13. To do this, type ".D1" and press the up arrow key. A list of files are
displayed in a box. The up and down arrow keys allow you to move an inverse bar
over the name of your choice. Pressing the right arrow key marks the file so as
to include it in the copy process. Mark all files to be copied in this way.
When all files are marked press RETURN.
14. When all files have been copied press ESCAPE.
ADDING DESKTOP PLAN TO THE CATALYST MENU
1. Return to the Catalyst main menu.
2. Select the Catalyst Editor.
3. Enter "E" to edit the menu.
4. Use the up and down arrow keys to position the inverse bar over the entry
you want the program to precede. Press "A" to ADD a program entry.
5. You will be asked for the display name of this program, enter "DESK TOP
6. Enter "CATALYST/BASIC as the interpreter path name.
7. You will be asked if you want "EXTRA DRIVERS", press RETURN.
8. Press RETURN for standard character set.
9. Press RETURN for the normal screen.
10. Press RETURN for the default keyboard.
11. Enter ".PROFILE/CATALYST as the initial prefix.
12. Enter "3" for the "Max Files Allowed..." question.
13. Enter ".PROFILE/CATALYST/PLAN.HELLO" for the program path.
14. You will be asked if this entry is correct. If it is, enter "Y" then press
ESCAPE to exit to the main edit menu. If you made any mistakes during entry,
enter "N". You may then enter the number of the item you wish to correct. When
all items are correct, press ESCAPE. Press ESCAPE again to exit to the main
15. Enter "5" to update the INTERPS file. When you are asked if you want to
recalculate the load address, enter "N".
16. Exit to the Catalyst main menu by entering "Q".
The following instructions are for a ProFile named ".PROFILE". If your hard
disk is named something else you will have to alter the instructions
1. Select DESKTOP PLAN from the CATALYST menu.
2. Change the PROGRAM VOLUME NAME to: "PROFILE/CATALYST/PLAN". This will tell
DESKTOP PLAN to look for all of its files under that volume name.
3. Once the volume name has been changed press RETURN.
4. Enter today's date and press RETURN.
5. Perform step #6 on page A-10 of the DESKTOP PLAN manual changing the
"VOLUME NAME- PROGRAMS" from "PLAN" to "PROFILE/CATALYST/PLAN".
6. Perform step #7 on page A-10 of the DESKTOP PLAN manual.
You will now be able to access all files from your ProFile.
This article provides information about a non-Apple product. Apple Computer, Inc. is not responsible for its content. Please contact the vendor for additional information.
Article Change History:
21 Sep 1995 - Updated format.
Support Information Services